Enjoy the sun and sand in the Eastern Caribbean!
Brain Health on the High Seas
with Dr. Nussbaum!
October 18-25, 2020 round trip from Fort Lauderdale on Holland America's MS Eurodam
This special cruise event is perfect for caregivers and their loved ones that live with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Dementia, MS and any other neurological diagnosis.
Caregiver Retreat Events will be a focal part of this programming! Enjoy Yoga, Music Therapy, Daily Adult Caregiver Sessions and time to rejuvinate at the Spa!
Improve your mind, body and spirit while enjoying life together!
Holland America’s MS Eurodam
- From casual to fine dining, there are several excellent dining options to enjoy with dishes prepared fresh by talented chefs. Our group will dine together nightly.
- Evenings offer a variety of live music and entertainment! Choose from Memphis blues at BB King's Blues Club, live chamber music from Lincoln Center Stage, 4 decades of classic rock in the Rolling Stone Rock Room, Step One Dance Academy performances, and more!
- Enjoy a BBC Earth Experience, being taken closer to the ocean and natural world through groundbreaking concerts and films.
- The Greenhouse Spa and Salon features premium ingredients and time-honored treatments for the ultimate pampering session.
- Your stateroom features high-quality massage showerheads and Holland America’s signature Mariner’s Dream bed with euro-top mattresses
- Mobility equipment is rentable: scooters, power wheelchairs, transport chairs, walkers, and more.
Get ready for a healthy mind and body with programming to include topics on brain health along with yoga and meditation!
Dr. Paul Nussbaum will provide interactive keynotes regarding brain health/activity such as:
- Basic of Brain and Behavior
- Brain Health Across the Lifespan: Implications for the Professional and Client
- Rewards System of the Brain, Anxiety, and Building LIfe Balance
- Basics of Dementia and AD: Implications for Caregiver and Families
- Respecting Needs of the Caregiver
Kimberly Nussbaum will be focusing on the mind/body relationship with the following:
- Daily AM Yoga/Meditation Class to include Gentle and Chair Yoga as needed
- Leading a program for the caregivers during Adult Day Care to include a variety of options that will promote brain health: Meditation, Basics of American Sign Language and Beginning Ballet
Elite strives to make your experience enjoyable, safe and stress free!
RNs available 24/7, and geriatric care professionals will lead a dedicated cruise support team from Elite Cruises And Vacations LLC. Staff ratio: 1 professional to 4 travelers
Senior-Friendly activities and social events specifically geared to our group
Daily music therapy and movement activities
Respite sessions for caregivers – daily adult daycare sessions – are included
Interactive conference topics
Daily agenda of activities to be incorporated with the daily activity schedule of Holland America Cruise Line
“Private Group Welcome” and “Meet and Greet the staff” party
Group dinner seating available every evening
Optional group shore excursions in each port escorted by a staff member (shore excursions are at an additional cost)
Pre-cruise group hotel with Cruise Support Team staff to meet and greet you upon arrival and manage transportation to the cruise departure port (hotel at additional cost)
Accessible accommodations and mobility assistance. (ALL cruise cabins can be retro-fitted with elevated toilet seats, shower chairs, and detachable showerheads)
Custom airport pick-up with every family and accompanied escort to the hotel
Custom group transportation to the cruise port
We are always happy to answer all questions (219) 608-2002.
|Sunday, October 18
||Fort Lauderdale, FL
|Monday, October 19
|Tuesday, October 20
||Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands
|Wednesday, October 21
||San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Thursday, October 22
||St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
|Friday, October 23
|Saturday, October 24
||Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
|Sunday, October 25
||Fort Lauderdale, FL