TravelAbility Summit was the first national summit that explored ways the travel industry can better serve the disability community. Disabilities that encompassed mobility, sight, hearing, and cognitive issues were addressed.
Elite Cruises and Vacations, LLC Owner and CEO Kathryn M Speer Shoaf RN BSN ATP had the privilege of presenting our Caregiver Retreat/ Dementia Friendly Cruises with this response.
Top Takeaways from TravelAbility Summit:
• **Family and Caregivers Need Vacations
• Age-related diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's are stressful for the caretakers.
• Leaving a cognitively challenged elder at home is not an option.
• Vacation options that provide solutions are in demand.
• Retreat/rest opportunities for the caregivers while their loved one has a safe adult daycare session is amazing.
Elite Cruises And Vacations, LLC is meeting this need by providing RN support 24/7, Accompanied excursions, Interactive educational conference topics, and Daily adult daycare sessions. They make Travel a continuing Realistic Possibility.
Kathy is honored to be an Advisory Board Member of the TravelAbility Summit.