Enjoy the ultimate Caregiver Retreat! A cruise created with the caregiver in mind, focusing on relaxation and rejuvenation! Live in the moment with your loved ones soaking in the sun and beautiful views. Learn how to be a fearless caregiver with Gary Barg who brings his experience empowering Fearless Caregivers since 1995!
The MS Veendam’s smaller size caters to rest and relaxation seekers with a most comfortable atmosphere!
Grandly proportioned and recently enhanced, Veendam combines 21st-century amenities and elegant spaces graced by a multi-million-dollar art and antiques collection. While on board, guests can learn video-editing tips at a Digital Workshop powered by Windows®. Hone their culinary skills at an America's Test Kitchen cooking show or hands-on workshop. Work out in our state-of-the-art Fitness Center. Or explore fine dining at our specialty restaurants. We have partnered with BBC Earth to bring you unforgettable new ways to experience the world's natural wonders. Through the innovative and breathtaking programming, guests will be taken closer to the ocean and the natural world through groundbreaking concerts and films.
Fearless Caregiver Cruise, training designed to overcome caregiving challenges!
Elite strives to live in the moment, creating an amazing experience for all!
Fearless Leader Conference led by Gary Barg, Founder/Editor in Chief of Today’s Caregiver Magazine and Caregiver.com
Caregiver Respite opportunities to let you, the caregiver, have some time to YOURSELF. Rest, Relax, RE-set and Rejuvenate... then have the opportunity to reconnect with your loved one.
Our unique caregiver programming facilitates the opportunity to STILL ENJOY EVER DAY THAT GOD GIVES US
Meet the man behind the Fearless Caregiver, Gary Barg:
Gary has dedicated the last 22 years of his life to being the caregiver of caregivers. In 1995, Gary moved from Atlanta, GA back home to Miami, FL to help his mother care for his grandparents. He was overwhelmed by nursing home, insurance, and state brochures, all of which lacked proper direction.
Gary realized there needed to be a single source of information, advice, and support for caregivers. In 1995, he established Today’s Caregiver magazine to be that source. In addition to the magazine, Caregiver.com was launched on the Internet in 1995. He also began hosting a series of conferences around the nation called Fearless Caregiver Conferences. He also introduced free on-line newsletters from Caregiver.com to provide caregivers with weekly support.
Until his grandfather passed away in 2000, Gary enjoyed the simple but special moments with him. He liked to sit and hold his hand or watch him respond with a smile to a kiss on the cheek. Gary has made meeting the needs of caregivers his life's work and created a community for the nation’s 65.7 million caregivers to learn, exchange ideas, and receive support.
The Perfect Spa Relaxation! Appointments Available During Daily Adult Care Sessions
1. Kathy Shoaf RN BSN ATP, Travel Professional, Cruise Director Owner and CEO of Elite Cruises And Vacations LLC, Owned and operated with Sincere Passion to help people Enjoy their Lives! Certified Special Needs Travel Agency "Elite Senior Accompanied Cruises” Daughter of 84 Year Old Type 1 Diabetic Wearing an Insulin Pump.
2. Lesli Jenkins Wang, Travel and Accessibility Expert President & CEO at Free2Go Mobility Products, Inc. President & CEO of Free2Go Mobility Products Lesli Wang is fiercely committed to developing products that enhance the lifestyle of the aging and mobility impaired, enabling them to retain their independence and - most importantly - their dignity.
3. Barbara Roberts, RN Barbara has worked as a Registered Nurse in Eldercare Services for over 30 years and currently works near Kennebunk, Maine in Eldercare Services as a Nurse Consultant. She is the owner of Barbara Roberts Consulting, LLC and specializes in education, regulatory compliance and recertification medication competency. Barbara is a Four Star Mariner on Holland America Cruise Line and is compassionate about helping families and their loved ones.
4. Loretta Kaminsky Certified Senior Gold Zumba Instructor, Owner and CEO of “Lou-retta's Custom Chocolates, Inc.” Loretta Kaminsky at the age of 81 is enjoying the joy of sharing her love of music and movement with people of all ages. After a bout with breast cancer at the age of 37 she began a path of exploration to find a way to be remembered.
5. Robert Chick Pharmicist/ DDS Born in Brooklyn New York, he became a Pharmacist before moving to Buffalo, New York to attend Dental School. Deciding to stay in Buffalo, he opened his dental practice in 1969. He joined the Air Force in the Air Force Dental Corp, where he was diagnosed as a Diabetic.