Owned and operated with sincere passion to help people enjoy their lives!
Creating travel opportunities with RN Support and caregiver respite! Certified Special Needs Travel Agency • Alzheimer's State Champion
As a nurse, safety is my #1 priority for all travelers. I am passionate about creating travel experiences, but first and foremost, I am a nurse, and I am 100% staying on top of the current situation to ensure that future cruises are safe for all guests. I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding precautions our cruise line partners are taking, booking refundable cruises and airfare, or anything else you can think of!
+ Have you been told that YOU need Better Diabetes control? The Diabetes Cruise is the answer that You've been looking for. +Have you failed in the past? For seven days you will learn strategies WITH REAL LIFE EXAMPLES from a diabetes expert while having FUN in the sun!
+ You CAN take control of Your health and Diabetes! Sign up Today...... your Future self will Thank you for it!
7 Days to a NEW You! Learn How! November 17-24, 2019
This cruise is for people with diabetes wanting to take control of their health. Several benefits include meeting like-minded people, learning strategies not often discussed in the short time at the doctor’s office, fun activities, and delicious and healthy food options while receiving hope and encouragement.
Tracy Herbert is the bestselling author of "Diabetes Tragedy to Triumph" and is an expert in diabetes, having lived with Type 1 diabetes for 40 years successfully, without any complications. She is a sought-after speaker, is a frequent guest on TV shows across the country, and has appeared on the Dr. Oz Show.
Tracy recently rode her bicycle 3,527 miles from San Francisco to New York City to spread awareness about diabetes and provide hope. Involved in health and wellness for over 20 years, she brings unique fun and energetic strategies to help her clients and audiences learn how to live healthy lives. She uses her passion, and gift of encouragement, to offer simple tools to those struggling to get control of their life, the healthy way.
Tracy has a BS in Psychology, is a trained Wellness Coach, Certified Personal trainer, and helps people from all walks of life. The focus of her speaking, podcasts, and writing are to encourage everyone that they too can take control of their health. She is a wife, mother, grandmother, and leads an active life that includes: bicycling, hiking, running, tennis, yoga, and backpacking.
She speaks at both large and small venues providing keynotes and workshops. Tracy has spoken on various stages such as: Harvard, American Diabetes Association Summer Camp Programs and Team Captain Kick-Off Events, Corporate Meetings, Health Events, and Women’s Bible Studies.
TRACY’S TOPICS INCLUDE:
ACHIEVING AUDACIOUS GOALS - How To Have A Fulfilling Life
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR HEALTH - How To Win The War On Obesity And Disease
THE ART OF SELF DISCIPLINE - How To Improve Your Health and Life
The Diabetes Ride - From the Golden Gate Bridge to the Brooklyn Bridge - Read More Here
Your Professional Cruise Team
1. Kathy Shoaf RN BSN ATP, Travel Professional, Cruise Director Owner and CEO of Elite Cruises And Vacations LLC, Owned and operated with Sincere Passion to help people Enjoy their Lives! Certified Special Needs Travel Agency "Elite Senior Accompanied Cruises” Daughter of 84 Year Old Type 1 Diabetic Wearing an Insulin Pump
2. Lesli Jenkins Wang, Travel and Accessibility Expert President & CEO at Free2Go Mobility Products, Inc. President & CEO of Free2Go Mobility Products Lesli Wang is fiercely committed to developing products that enhance the lifestyle of the aging and mobility impaired, enabling them to retain their independence and - most importantly - their dignity.
3. Barbara Roberts, RN Barbara has worked as a Registered Nurse in Eldercare Services for over 30 years and currently works near Kennebunk, Maine in Eldercare Services as a Nurse Consultant. She is the owner of Barbara Roberts Consulting, LLC and specializes in education, regulatory compliance and recertification medication competency. Barbara is a Four Star Mariner on Holland America Cruise Line and is compassionate about helping families and their loved ones.
4. Loretta Kaminsky Certified Senior Gold Zumba Instructor, Owner and CEO of “Lou-retta's Custom Chocolates, Inc.” Loretta Kaminsky at the age of 81 is enjoying the joy of sharing her love of music and movement with people of all ages. After a bout with breast cancer at the age of 37 she began a path of exploration to find a way to be remembered.
5. Robert Chick Pharmicist/ DDS Born in Brooklyn New York, he became a Pharmacist before moving to Buffalo, New York to attend Dental School. Deciding to stay in Buffalo, he opened his dental practice in 1969. He joined the Air Force in the Air Force Dental Corp, where he was diagnosed as a Diabetic.
Diabetes Cruise Itinerary
This cruise is for you if you...
Are living with diabetes and want strategies on living healthy with this difficult disease
Want simple tools to help reduce the temptations of unhealthy eating
Would like to learn how to improve your A1c using our Mind, Mouth, and Move
Would enjoy joining others living with diabetes for healthy, delicious meals, activities for any level, and learn the latest research on health and wellness
See the value in learning from a diabetes expert who has proven you can live without complications using the right strategies
Spend a week together and leave with health strategies for longevity and vibrant health, with new friends in the same boat (pun intended) as you.
Diabetes claimes a new client every 21 seconds in the US alone.
This cruise is created for those with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
Ages 2 through 92.
1. A complete support staff that includes
RNs and care professionals will lead a dedicated cruise support team from Elite Cruises And Vacations LLC.
2. Senior-Friendly, Active Adult and Pediatric activities and social events specifically geared toward our group.
3. Daily Senior Zumba with Loretta
and Daily exercise events with Tracy
4. Respite sessions for caregivers will be included with the conference
5. Interactive conference topics created to “Enjoy Living Life”
+ “Diabetes and a Great Life” + Mobility safety… Live safe, Be safe… Enjoy + Capture Life’s best and simplest memories with pictures. + Overcome the obstacles and Keep going.
6. Daily agenda of activities to be incorporated with the daily activity schedule of Holland America Cruise Line.
4. Private Group Welcome cocktail party.
5. Group dinner seating available every evening.
6. Optional group shore excursions in each port escorted by a staff member. (shore excursions are at an additional cost)
7. Pre-cruise group hotel with Cruise Support Team staff to meet and greet you upon arrival and manage transportation to the cruise departure port. (hotel at additional cost)
Accessible accommodations and mobility assistance.